The main objective of the MGSS is to better understand suicide from a variety of perspectives, taking into account clinical and psychosocial factors, as well as the individual’s predisposition to suicide. The group has five main research programs:
- Basic Research Program: comprised of molecular genetics and neuroanatomy laboratories, as well as the Douglas-Bell Canada Brain Bank (DBCBB);
- The Psychosocial and Clinical Research Program;
- The Aboriginal Suicide Research Program;
- The Suicidal Behaviour and Refractory Depression Clinical Intervention Program;
- The Knowledge Transfer Program.